On 15th September 2020, We in Games Finland, Game Makers of Finland, and IGDA Helsinki collaborated in organising an online talk on the labour laws in Finland and the rights of employees.
The speaker at the event was the lawyer and social impact specialist Maria Jauhiainen from Insinööriliitto (in the picture above).
The following topics were covered and discussed:
- what could be and should be in your employment contract,
- what is a trial period,
- what should you agree on or not agree on a non-competition agreement,
- how and on what grounds you can be temporarily laid-off,
- on what grounds you can and cannot be legally laid-off,
- how working hours are regulated and how do you gain annual holidays.
Maria Jauhiainen was kind enough to share her presentation. You may find the presentation here:
The event was recorded and can be found on IGDA Finland’s Twitch:
It is still possible to send questions related to the topic until Friday 18th Sepember 2020, via the anonymous link provided at the event. The lawyer Maria Jauhiainen will answer these questions and the unanswered questions at the event on our next blog post!